Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

I'm back

I'm back! California (and Arizona and Nevada for a day or two) was fantastic. So thrilling, in fact, that I could write for pages and pages about it. But I won't, because I have found from bitter experience that there is little worse in the world than hearing somebody else drone on about their holidays until you wish they were still thousands of miles away from you.

Suffice to say that the combined effects of San Fransisco, LA, Las Vegas, the Mojave, Joshua Tree National Park, the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yosemite and the rest COULD make my blog an unreadable splurge of superlatives for about the next 10,000 words. It is merely my generosity (and jet lag) that prevents it. Should anyone WANT to hear about my holidays, please feel free to give me a call. If it's your phone bill, I can go on for hours!

Having tried my utmost to get over the jet lag (by sleeping for 21 hours), I have now got back towards the realms of reality:

I am currently uploading my photos, and will provide the link when they're done, should anyone want to see them.

I am also contemplating a return to some kind of running schedule, having survived on American portions from American menus for three weeks, and therefore ballooned in size.

And I am thinking about work. It seems like only a moment ago that I was gleefully typing my "out of office" auto-email-reply. And yet now, precisely one blink of an eye later, I am a few hours from the office again...

Obviously, having been away for three weeks, I am not up to speed with the latest Prestwich news. But I'll be in touch with other local Lib Dems tomorrow to find out what's been going on.

From a personal point of view, the last three weeks has seen my Grandpa finally moved out of North Manchester General Hospital. His stay was so lengthy that they were within hours of naming the ward after him. He is now at an old people's nursing home somewhere in Salford, which I will track down tomorrow night. Apparently he is pointing at my photo and angrily demanding to know where I've been for three weeks. I think he may suspect that I have run off with that nurse he liked. Sadly for us both, it's not true.

Back to daily blogging from now on as well, with any luck. So if there are any local issues you'd like the Lib Dems and I to look into, or if you'd just like to comment on the blog or say hello, then please do drop me a line.

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?