Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Money for soldiers and my chips for free

I am taking a night off from work / leafleting / anything remotely taxing, to go and see James Dean Bradfield at the Manchester Academy. He is the lead singer from the Manic Street Preachers, and although my knowledge of his solo stuff is absolutely zero, I do like his voice.

Other than that, I’m afraid I have little else to report today. A day of drudgery in the office, beginning at 08.30, and ending at 17.45, punctuated only with entirely unnecessary gluttony which saw me eat not only my own lunch, but also a bag of crisps, half a chocolate bar, and devour three vegetable samosas and four chicken satay sticks from a lunchtime buffet.

That and the lack of jogging is no good at all…

I was cheered up on the way home though, when I heard about the government’s financial gift to the armed forces. Although I think it’s a little tokenistic, I don’t begrudge them a penny of it. If we must be in Iraq and Afghnistan (and that’s a debate for an evening when I’m not on the way out to see James Dean Bradfield…) then at least give our soldiers more than a pittance to put their lives on the line.

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?