Friday, December 01, 2006

 

Bury Ball Shirt Drama

I am off to the Mayor’s Civic Charity Ball this evening at the Longfield Suite in Prestwich. The great and the good of Bury will be there (as well as Tam and me) for a good cause. And it means that I don’t have to worry about what to have for tea.

I opened up the suit protector containing my dinner suit and shirt this evening to discover that it hadn’t done its job at all. In between me putting the shirt away the last time, and getting it out this time, it had developed several brown marks that looked mysteriously like a cross between a coffee cup ring and a crop circle. Whatever their origin (and it is a mystery, since I don’t drink coffee and certainly don’t rest mugs of it on my shirts), the stains meant that I had to make a mad dash to borrow Cllr Andrew Garner’s spare one. So thanks Andrew, you have saved me from looking like a fool, and you have saved the good people of Bury from the distasteful and vaguely horrific prospect of potentially seeing me arrive bare-chested as if I was the strip-o-gram entertainment. Which I would like to assure one and all that I am not.

Anyway, I must go…

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?