Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

And United Utilities said "Let there be light!" And there was light... But I was still at work...

Well, Tamsin just rang to say that the power is back on at Casa Baum. I hope that all the other houses affected by the outage this morning are back up and running too. I think one morning of stumbling about in the dark is enough.

The last 24 hours have been busy. At the Executive last night, we outlined plans for revisions to meetings – more opportunity for policy debate to arouse more interest from “regular” members, for instance. I presented my first report as Membership Secretary, happily reporting that our Membership figures have greatly increased since the last quarter. And we spent a lot of time talking about fundraising. There’ll be a lot of events coming up in the next year, including quizzes, another annual dinner, and a summer barbecue amongst others. So watch out for them and come along.

And then today has been a busy one at work too. I did have time this morning to talk to Cllr Donal O’Hanlon about ideas for the new St Mary’s Focus. The Metrolink and Tulle Court issues are hot potatoes at the moment, so I think they’ll play a major part!

The mention of “hot potatoes” is not doing wonders for my hunger pangs. Day 2 of “The Great Post-Christmas Eat Very Little Detox Diet” is proving challenging. Not least because I couldn’t find enough food in the darkness this morning for a proper breakfast. I face a stern challenge this evening, as I am off to the pub to bid farewell to my friend Mike, who is back to his job in California for a year, having popped home for Christmas. And, as everyone knows, pubs house crisps. And they are DEFINITELY not allowed at the moment.

It’s gonna be tough…

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?