Friday, February 09, 2007

 

Less money in my pockets for another busy weekend

I received the agenda and policy documents for the Lib Dem Spring Conference todya - and remembered that I hadn't got round to booking a hotel. As appealing as two nights in my car is, I feel that now I am old enough to work for a living, I am also old enough to afford an hotel room. And so I am now £144 lighter than I was an hour ago.

Which is a concern, given the weekend that awaits me. I am not leafletting tomorrow, and am instead going to see Manchester United. I am not a fan, but someone I have met once, and who lives far away, has somehow bagged some hospitality tickets, and since he knows I live in Manchester, has very kindly offered one to me. So I will be joining the prawn sandwich brigade, for one day only.

After that, somebody has suggested that I attend a greyhound racing meeting. I have been once before, and know that, enjoyable or otherwise (and I am still on the fence on this one) it spells certain wallet-emptying disaster. I may just curl up into a ball and go to bed.

I will make up for Saturday's dereliction of duty in favour of hob-nobbing with corporate types, by doing a double shift leafletting on Sunday, so watch out on the streets of Prestwich, for there I shall be! And I'll have to scrub up nice, as Cllr O'Hanlon and I are having photographs taken for Focus. Neither of us are super-models, so for once I am glad of the appalling quality of my camera, which renders us so grainy as to appear interesting, and have the mysterious air of people who may actually be very attractive...

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?