Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Great Manchester Run

This weekend is the Great Manchester Run, which I am running for the George House Trust, a Manchester-based charity for people living with HIV. If you would like to sponsor me, please visit www.justgiving.com/richardbaum.

I haven’t run a 10k race since Accrington in November, in the aftermath of which I was so proud of my achievement that I forgot to keep the training up. With the campaign and everything else since, I do fear for Sunday since I haven’t really had the chance to train since. My fellow St Mary’s Councillor Donal O’Hanlon is also running, for Diabetes UK, and I know that it will be great fun being cheered on by the crowds thronging Manchester’s streets. I only hope that I don’t have any untoward meetings with members of the St John Ambulance. Like police officers and undertakers, it’s fantastic that they’re there, but if you can avoid dealing with them wherever possible, that’d be great. I want to report that both of your Lib Dem Councillors are alive and well on Monday morning. Not least because the last thing anyone wants is a by-election...

Prior to the run I am considering less strenuous but more dangerous pursuits – I am thinking about going ice skating on Saturday, which will be fun and may provide me with an injury sufficiently severe to warrant my withdrawal from the race. I can live in hope…

And of course this weekend provides me with a joyous reunion with my leaflets - the first "Thank You" Focuses will be hitting the doormats of St Mary's this weekend. The election period is well and truly over with now! Or has it just begun again...?

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?