Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

Thinking about goals

Last night I went to see my Councillor “mentor” Vic D’Albert, to talk about some of the things I want to do as a Councillor – for St Mary’s and Prestwich, for Bury and for my own development. It’s great to have an experienced Councillor to bounce ideas off, especially since I don’t really know what’s going on half the time at the moment.

For instance, we talked about the procedure at Council meetings, and how to vote, which is very important because I feared missing something vital and accidentally voting for the restoration of hanging for sheep-theft or something like that, simply by scratching my nose at the wrong moment. Apparently there is little chance of this happening, but at least any livestock-rustlers in the Borough can rest easy knowing that they are safe from the noose.

We talked about possible revisions to recycling provision in Prestwich, and about the things that I want to try and do with young people. As one of the Borough’s youngest Councillors, I really want to try and make a difference here, and I hope to be able to bring you news about how in the near future. And we talked about street surgeries, which I will start to do very shortly when we begin delivering the first Focus of the new year. Again, there’ll be plenty more on these in the near future.

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?