Thursday, June 21, 2007

 

Third in command of the sub-committee sub-sommittee

I've been very busy the last couple of days, preparing for meetings to do with both work and being a Councillor. There may not be any rest for the wicked, but that appears also to extend to those with community-minded pursuits like me!

Tomorrow is the first meeting of the Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Authority (GMPTA), to which I have been appointed along with Cllr Andrew Garner as Bury's representatives. Here is another body which clearly believes in delivering to my door as much paper as humanly possible. Quite why we can't move forward at least into the 1980s and use computers more than paper is something which continually puzzles me as a ride aboard the bureaucracy merry-go-round that is my life sometimes.

So that's something to look forard to tomorrow - and during the morning there is the AGM of the Lib Dem group on the PTA, where sub-committee appointments will be doled out. Last year my predecessor as Councillor in St Mary's also served on the PTA, and was appointed vice chair of the Bus Shelters Sub-Committee. I have struggled long and hard to think of a less glamorous position than this, but have failed so far. If there is anything more symptomatic of being bogged down in meetings, it is that! And who knows, maybe I will be the next incumbent of that lofty position come tomorrow morning!

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?