Monday, July 09, 2007

 

Awards and meetings

Very busy today, so just a short post.

I have had the pleasure of seeing the Oldham Council staff award ceremony today (I work at Oldham MBC, nothing to do with my job as a Councillor in Bury). It is always a great sight to see so many dedicated servants of the public come together and celebrate the successes of their year working hard to improve people's lives. It has been my job to organise the event, which I have done over the past few minths. The organisation part was slightly less enjoyable, but once the guests had arrived and the speeches had begun, there was little I could do but enjoy it!

Tonight is a meeting of the Lib Dem Council group, and since it begins in 45 minutes and I am currently about 15 miles away from its venue, I really should get going...

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?