Friday, July 06, 2007

 

Tonight's happy agenda

Tonight I have a couple of engagements - first I am going to the Prestwich Cricket, Tennis and Bowling Club to attend an open event to hear about their plans for development and the future. This is a great Prestwich club which rightly has the respect and support of local Councillors and the population in general. It will be very interesting to see and hear about their plans.

I will rush home after that and get changed into my "posh" gear for the North West Lib Dem Parliamentary Circle dinner in Sale, where the guest speaker is Britain's youngest MP, Jo Swinson. I am attending as the guest of fellow Prestwich Lib Dem Cllr Andrew Garner, who is a vice-chair of the regional party and as such gets to go to these things rather more regularly than I do. It's posh food (a change from my regular Friday night trip to Armstrong's...) and requiures a dinner suit. Thus I made an emergency trip to purchase a new one earlier this week when it became clear that the one I had no longer in any way resembled the shape of my body. I only hope I managed to detach all the labels that dangled from it... Appearing in front of such a select band of dignitaries with a price tag plainly visible is not the impression I wish to give...

Rick

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?